Auckland Shell Club
(Conchology Section, Auckland Museum Institute)
The Auckland Shell Club was formed in 1931 as a Section of the Auckland Museum.
Our interests are in all things molluscan - shell collecting (recent and fossil), conchology and malacology (study of shells and shellfish), as well as molluscan ecology and conservation.
We invite like-minded people to join our Facebook Group for interactive discussions. Here you can share shell related information or ask questions.
For more information you can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mid-year Meeting - June 2018. Date tba
- Annual Shell Auction - October 2018. Date tba
- Annual General Meeting - December 2018. Date tba
Member (and non-member) Facilities
- Market Place (last update: 19/August/2017) - listings of shells or shell related items for sale, for free, or wanted.
- Register of Largest NZ Shells - let us know if you have the largest NZ shell of any species over 10mm in size.
- Club Newsletters - monthly issues back to Feb/2000.
- Poirieria Magazine - all our old publications are available online for viewing or download (PDF).
- Other Links - shell related websites for identification, reference, commerce, etc.