The Auckland Shell Club was formed in 1931 as a Section of the Auckland Museum.
Our interests are in all things molluscan - shell collecting (recent and fossil), conchology and malacology (study of shells and shellfish), as well as molluscan ecology and conservation.
We invite like-minded people to join our Facebook Group for interactive discussions. Here you can share shell related information or ask questions.
For more information you can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A.G.M. - December 2021 (tba)
- Market Place (last update: 6/June/2019) - listings of shells or shell related items for sale, for free, or wanted.
- Register of Largest NZ Shells - let us know if you have the largest NZ shell of any species over 10mm in size.
- Club Newsletters - monthly issues back to Feb/2000.
- Poirieria Magazine - all our old publications are available online for viewing or download (PDF).
- Australian Shells - Identification guide for Australian shells.
- Checklist of the Recent New Zealand Mollusca - Reasonably up-to-date list of all New Zealand molluscs, with literature references.
- Hardy's Internet Guide to Marine Gastropods - Extensive collection of shell images (now moved to www.conchology.be).
- iNaturalist.nz - Photos of many NZ mollusc species in their natural habitat.
- Man and Mollusc - Resource site for all things molluscan.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa - Online access to the largest and most comprehensive mollusc collection in NZ, including photographs (work in progress).
- Natural History Museum Rotterdam - Molluscs - Extensive images of their worldwide shell collection.
- New Zealand Cenozoic Mollusca - Descriptions of New Zealand Cenozoic Mollusca, from Beu and Maxwell (1990).
- New Zealand Mollusca - Andrew Spurgeon's website, with information and images of over 1800 NZ species.
- New Zealand Shells - Peter Poortman's NZ shell collection, with images of over 1100 NZ species and forms.
- Seashell Collector (France) - Articles, images, information, and links.
- Seashells of New South Wales - Information and images of all seashells of New South Wales, Australia.
- World Register of Marine Species (WoRMS) - The most authoritative and up-to-date list of marine species globally.
- Australian Seashells - Large selection of shells for sale.
- Caledonian Seashells (New Caledonia) - Specialists of rare and top quality shells.
- Conchology, Inc. (Belgium) - Large selection of shells for sale, images, auction, articles, information, and links.
- Femorale (Brazil) - Large selection of shells for sale/exchange, many images, articles, and links.
- Indo/Pacific Seashells - Large range of Indo/Pacific seashells for sale.
- Perth Shell Distributors - Shells and other marine collectables for sale, shell collecting and diving trips.
- Sanibel Seashell Industries - Shells for everyone from serious collectors to crafters.
- Shellauction.net (Italy) - Monthly on-line shell auctions.
- Shells Passion (France) - Large selection of shells, with images, for sale.
- Top Seashells (Philippines) - Good quality shells for sale and auction, all with images, and many good links.
- Belgian Society for Conchology - Large European shell club, Neptunea publication, annual International Shell Show.
- British Shell Collectors Club - Large and active shell club based in Britain, Pallidula publication, annual Shell Show, much collecting information and reference material.
- Conchologists of America - Information on shells and collecting, plus lists of worldwide shell clubs and events.
- New Zealand Geographic Place Names - Search tool to locate all official NZ place names.
- New Zealand Sea Conditions - Marine reports and forecasts for swell height/period, sea temperature, wind, rain, temperature, and more.
- New Zealand Tide Forecaster - Tide forecaster for many locations around New Zealand.
- Norman Douglas Manukau Harbour collection - Photographs of Norman's entire Manukau Harbour collection.
- San Diego Shell Club - Club information, events, store, & publications.
- Sydney Shell Club - Club information, images, articles, & publications.
- The Malacological Society of Australasia - Organisation that promotes the study of molluscs.
- Wellington Shell Club - Club information.